Powered By Blogger

A LITTLE ABOUT ME ---

Quick, easy, and cheap! Those are the things I like best! A mother of three, grandmother of two and living on a budget for one. My philosophy? If it has more than two or three ingredients -- forget it! If I have to spend hours searching in specialty stores -- forget it! I have had Christmas trees decorated with nothing but pipe cleaners, construction paper, glitter and flour ornaments and they were beautiful! I have planned and completely orchestrated a wedding in less than three weeks including finding the venue, dresses, tuxes, making flowers, decorations, invitations, food, drinks, minister, pictures and music! All under $2,500.00 and it was BEAUTIFUL! I have lived my entire life on a budget but never more than now -- so while it feels good to splurge every once in awhile, most of us can't do that very often in today's economy. So if you're looking for glitz, glamour and extravagance -- this blog is not for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy being frugal, love a challenge, and love to see the balance in that savings account rise, you are in the right place. Not ALL of the things you will find here are made with just a few ingredients. The Lye Soap recipe is definitely nothing a beginning DIY'R might want to try. I myself have yet to brave this one but it IS in my very near future as I have been buying and using it for years. Hopefully you will take something with you after viewing this blog be it a DIY project or a recipe, so long as it makes your day easier and your pockets heavier. I love to share things and hopefully you feel free to share anything you see here. But remember I would like just a little credit so please link back, hit like, comment, and/or share, share, share away. I have only just begun so yes, my blog is light on content but I am adding to it as I get time so please come back and visit!

Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

DIY Sachet

DIY Sachet


QUICK ~N~ EASY!

Thought of this while making homemade laundry soap.  Threw one of the JUMBO ones in my sons closet … seems like his room always smells like boy sweat. :/ (Teen athlete) Closed the door and less than 30 minutes later his entire room smelled fresh!
There are so many things you could do with this.  Use your imagination!  Directions are below but the pictures are self explanatory.

DIRECTIONS:

Cut the sewn edges off a wash cloth


Cut wash cloth into 4 squares
Add 1 - 2 teaspoons of Purex laundry crystals


Gather corners
Tie closed with one of the cut off sewn edges



Place in drawers, tie on hangers, place in travel or sports bags. Put these anywhere you want for a fresh, clean smell!
I used Purex because it is the most economical in my area but you can use any brand you like.  We all have our favorite smells!
I bought the wash clothes at the dollar store, 4 for $1.00.  

Here's the one I used in my sons room using the entire was cloth and an elastic hair tie.


I have so many ideas for these.  Next time I make them I think I may use a flour sack towel I bought at the dollar store.  This towel is much bigger and would allow me to make more at a time.  At Christmas and holidays I may use some acrylic fabric paint on the flour sack and add some snow flakes or holly, tie them with pretty ribbon and wrap them with gifts.

Store extras in plastic baggies to keep them fresh!


This is probably an idea thousands of people have had and made before but thought I'd share.  After making my laundry soap this only took about 5 minutes.


~~  SIMPLE AS Pi   ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment