Powered By Blogger

A LITTLE ABOUT ME ---

Quick, easy, and cheap! Those are the things I like best! A mother of three, grandmother of two and living on a budget for one. My philosophy? If it has more than two or three ingredients -- forget it! If I have to spend hours searching in specialty stores -- forget it! I have had Christmas trees decorated with nothing but pipe cleaners, construction paper, glitter and flour ornaments and they were beautiful! I have planned and completely orchestrated a wedding in less than three weeks including finding the venue, dresses, tuxes, making flowers, decorations, invitations, food, drinks, minister, pictures and music! All under $2,500.00 and it was BEAUTIFUL! I have lived my entire life on a budget but never more than now -- so while it feels good to splurge every once in awhile, most of us can't do that very often in today's economy. So if you're looking for glitz, glamour and extravagance -- this blog is not for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy being frugal, love a challenge, and love to see the balance in that savings account rise, you are in the right place. Not ALL of the things you will find here are made with just a few ingredients. The Lye Soap recipe is definitely nothing a beginning DIY'R might want to try. I myself have yet to brave this one but it IS in my very near future as I have been buying and using it for years. Hopefully you will take something with you after viewing this blog be it a DIY project or a recipe, so long as it makes your day easier and your pockets heavier. I love to share things and hopefully you feel free to share anything you see here. But remember I would like just a little credit so please link back, hit like, comment, and/or share, share, share away. I have only just begun so yes, my blog is light on content but I am adding to it as I get time so please come back and visit!

Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Angel Food and Pineapple Cake

Angel Food and Pineapple Cake



1 box of Angel Food Cake mix
(just the contents of the box, no need to follow the directions on the box)

Combine it with a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple in its own juice.
(No need to use a mixer, just stir it by hand) 

When you do this, something magical happens.
The mixture starts to froth & it turns into an amazingly airy, fluffy bowl of deliciousness right before your eyes.

Once it's all mixed up, simply pour it into a 9 x 13 cake pan & bake at 350 for 30 minutes.



Thanks to my wonderful sister for this recipe.  She inherited my mother's knack for cooking.  I, on the other hand, REALLY have to work at it.  EVERY recipe she passes along to me is wonderfully delicious!  She knows me well -- the simpler -- the better!

2 comments:

  1. Have tried to find Angel Food cake mix at two different stores this week and they were both out. This must be an AMAZING recipe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is so delicious! Great cake for so many who don't like sickening sweet frosting. This cake needs nothing added and it is so easy to make. Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete