Powered By Blogger

A LITTLE ABOUT ME ---

Quick, easy, and cheap! Those are the things I like best! A mother of three, grandmother of two and living on a budget for one. My philosophy? If it has more than two or three ingredients -- forget it! If I have to spend hours searching in specialty stores -- forget it! I have had Christmas trees decorated with nothing but pipe cleaners, construction paper, glitter and flour ornaments and they were beautiful! I have planned and completely orchestrated a wedding in less than three weeks including finding the venue, dresses, tuxes, making flowers, decorations, invitations, food, drinks, minister, pictures and music! All under $2,500.00 and it was BEAUTIFUL! I have lived my entire life on a budget but never more than now -- so while it feels good to splurge every once in awhile, most of us can't do that very often in today's economy. So if you're looking for glitz, glamour and extravagance -- this blog is not for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy being frugal, love a challenge, and love to see the balance in that savings account rise, you are in the right place. Not ALL of the things you will find here are made with just a few ingredients. The Lye Soap recipe is definitely nothing a beginning DIY'R might want to try. I myself have yet to brave this one but it IS in my very near future as I have been buying and using it for years. Hopefully you will take something with you after viewing this blog be it a DIY project or a recipe, so long as it makes your day easier and your pockets heavier. I love to share things and hopefully you feel free to share anything you see here. But remember I would like just a little credit so please link back, hit like, comment, and/or share, share, share away. I have only just begun so yes, my blog is light on content but I am adding to it as I get time so please come back and visit!

Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

SINGLE SERVING CAKE IN A MUG

A/K/A: 1/2/3 Cake

You simply assemble as follows:

1 box Angel Food cake mix
1 box any flavor cake mix
2 T. water

Directions:

Using a large plastic bowl with a tightly fitting lid or a large zip lock bag, combine the two boxes of cake mix stirring or shaking well.

For each individual serving,  take out 3 Tblsp. of the cake mixture and mix it with 2 Tblsp. of water in a large microwave safe coffee mug.  Microwave on high for 1 minute.  


You now have your own instant individual cake and it is warm and inviting.  
Top with fruit, ice cream, whipped cream or whatever! Awesome for those of us who want something sweet every now and then without making an entire cake!
Try various flavors of cake mix but it must always be combined with an Angel Food mix.

Keep the mix tightly sealed in an airtight container until used and remember:  This recipe is called 1-2-3 Cake because all you need to remember is 3 Tblsp. mix, 2 Tblsp. water, and 1 minute in the microwave.

1 comment:

  1. Since starting my blog I receive recipes from many friends, family members and other sources. This recipe is out there on many blogs, etc. But this one was sent to me from a couple of co-workers. Thanks to Keri for sharing with Kyle and thanks to Kyle who shared it with me!
    Now off to the store to buy more cake mix! :)

    ReplyDelete